top of page

Church History

In 1978, Temple No. 3 was established by our Chief Apostle in Wallace, NC and started with three members: Mother Maggie Williams, Mother Minnie Bell Kornegay, and Sister Fredia Kornegay. Our Chief Apostle and his family and Bishop Curtis Mosley and his family, along with many others, traveled to North Carolina many years and carried the services on, sometimes in the saints' homes, or other facilities. "But thanks be to God which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ..." in July, 1989 the Lord blessed us to purchase three acres of land in Willard, North Carolina, which is the present site of "the City of Mt. Hebron”.

Bishop Curtis Mosley was installed as pastor May 27, 1990, and served for 19 years. After leaving in 2009 to begin his own work, Elder Hezekiah Bannister was appointed to officiate over the church.

The Lord has blessed us to continue the vision started by our Chief Apostle, Apostle George H. Wiley. Souls have been baptized in Jesus’ name.

We will always be grateful to our Late Founder Apostle George H. Wiley (November 11, 1922 – December 1, 2008) and will never forget the faithfulness of our late founding-members, The Late Mother Maggie Williams who passed away January 15, 2005, The Late Mother Minnie Bell Kornegay who passed away October 15, 2009.

Pray for us as we continue to go forward. We are looking for greater!​

00:00 / 07:15
bottom of page